When unexpected events happen, being able to access emergency dentistry near you is important so that you can have your teeth and mouth treated as soon as possible. However, sometimes the looming costs of these types of treatments can make a situation like this even more stressful. With that said, it’s important to have a basic understanding of what visiting an emergency dentist in Downtown Vancouver costs, so that when something does occur, you’re prepared.
What Constitutes a Dental Emergency?
Dental emergencies come in many forms. And, regardless of what you may think, they aren’t as uncommon as you might believe.
Here are some dental emergencies that dentists frequently experience:
1. Severe toothaches.
2. Bleeding gums.
3. A swollen jaw, mouth, or gums.
4. Exposed nerves due to an oral infection.
5. You’ve had a tooth knocked out.
6. Your filling or crown has broken or dislodged from its position.
7. You have a chipped or broken tooth.
8. A piece of food has become lodged between your teeth, and you can’t get it out.
9. An abscess (pocket of pus) has formed in or around your tooth.
Dental emergencies don’t just entail issues with your teeth or gums. Lacerations or wounds to the soft tissues of your cheeks, lips, and tongue can also be addressed by an emergency dentist.
If you’re unsure as to whether your teeth need dental treatment, always err on the side of caution and contact a dentist in Downtown Vancouver. If left untreated, dental emergencies can compromise your teeth and oral health, which can lead to more problems down the road.
The Cost of Emergency Dentistry
As is the case with arguably every dental emergency, the cost of your treatment is largely dependent on your specific case. Factors like the need for an in-depth dental evaluation and insurance coverage also play a part.
Nevertheless, dental emergencies are typically pricey. Listed below are the average costs of emergency dentistry services.
1. Receiving a tooth filling can cost anywhere between $170 and $400.
2. A tooth extraction can be up to $300, although this depends on how challenging it is to remove the tooth itself.
3. Wisdom teeth removal can cost approximately $190 up to $600. Again, it depends on the state of your infected tooth, and how many root canals you may require.
4. The cost of dental crown repairs falls between $800 up to $1300. The type of material that the crown is made of plays a role in this price.
5. Dental implants are one of the most expensive emergencies, coming in at $2600 to $5000.
Keep in mind that services such as having x-rays taken and dental consultation and evaluations are generally considered common dental treatments, meaning that if you have insurance, some, or all of the cost will be covered. But insurance payment plans differ from each other, so always be sure to check with your insurance provider so you aren’t taken by surprise.
Are you dealing with a dental emergency? If so, don’t hesitate to come into our dental clinic in Downtown Vancouver to receive emergency dentistry services. Our staff works hard to ensure that you’re kept as comfortable as possible. We’ll walk you through the process from beginning to end. If you have any questions or concerns, talk to one of our dentists near you today. You deserve to be taken care of, and we look forward to working with you to restore your oral health!